Net-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books Actually

3 posters

Go down

Books Actually Empty Books Actually

Postaj by Tomica uto srp 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Izdavacka kuca Taschen, koja se nekako najvise usmjerila na umjetnost, ima citav niz vrlo lijepih knjiga uz vrlo pristupacne cijene.

Hiroshige. One Hundred Famous Views of Edo

Lorenz Bichler, Melanie Trede

____

“This luxurious Japanese-bound, boxed publication trascends the coffee table cliché by combining beauty with information.”

―ARTnews Magazine, New York

Literally meaning “pictures of the floating world,” ukiyo-e refers to the famous Japanese woodblock print genre that originated in the 17th century and is practically synonymous with the Western world’s visual characterization of Japan. Because they could be mass produced, ukiyo-e works were often used as designs for fans, New Year’s greeting cards, single prints, and book illustrations, and traditionally they depicted city life, entertainment, beautiful women, kabuki actors, and landscapes. The influence of ukiyo-e in Europe and the United States, often referred to as Japonisme, can be seen in everything from impressionist painting to today’s manga and anime illustration. This reprint is made from one of the finest complete original sets of woodblock prints belonging to the Ota Memorial Museum of Art in Tokyo.

Hiroshige (1797–1858) was one of the last great artists in the ukiyo-e tradition. Though he captured a variety of subjects, his greatest talent was in creating landscapes of his native Edo (modern-day Tokyo) and his final masterpiece was a series known as “One Hundred Famous Views of Edo” (1856–1858). This resplendent complete reprint pairs each of the 120 large-scale illustrations with a description, allowing readers to plunge themselves into Hiroshige’s beautifully vibrant landscapes.

https://www.libristo.hr/hr/knjiga/hiroshige_04336430

______

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Books Actually Empty Re: Books Actually

Postaj by Tomica uto srp 19, 2022 3:26 pm

Zatim imamo tri bogato ilustrirane knjige o tarotu, astrologiji i vjesticarstvu iz edicije Taschen's Library of Esoterica :

Obicno narucujem s Librista koji ima razlicite popuste. Trenutno je svaka od ovih knjiga 277kn, no ugledala sam ih u vrijeme kad su bile 260kn.

https://www.libristo.hr/hr/knjiga/tarot_25610457
Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica uto srp 19, 2022 5:23 pm

Jos jedna neobicna knjiga spomenutog nakladnika, veceg formata (175 x 248 x 55), tvrdoukoricena, Knjiga simbola. Proteze se na 810 stranica, ispod 300kn.

The Book of Symbols combines original and incisive essays about particular symbols with representative images from all parts of the world and all eras of history.

The highly readable texts and over 800 beautiful full-color images come together in a unique way to convey hidden dimensions of meaning. Each of the ca. 350 essays examines a given symbol’s psychic background, and how it evokes psychic processes and dynamics. Etymological roots, the play of opposites, paradox and shadow, the ways in which diverse cultures have engaged a symbolic image―all these factors are taken into consideration.

Authored by writers from the fields of psychology, religion, art, literature, and comparative myth, the essays flow into each other in ways that mirror the psyche’s unexpected convergences. There are no pat definitions of the kind that tend to collapse a symbol; a still vital symbol remains partially unknown, compels our attention and unfolds in new meanings and manifestations over time. Rather than merely categorize, The Book of Symbols illuminates how to move from the visual experience of a symbolic image in art, religion, life, or dreams to directly experiencing its personal and psychological resonance.

The Book of Symbols sets new standards for thoughtful exploration of symbols and their meanings, and will appeal to a wide range of readers: artists, designers, dreamers and dream interpreters, psychotherapists, self-helpers, gamers, comic book readers, religious and spiritual searchers, writers, students, and anyone curious about the power of archetypal images.

https://www.libristo.hr/hr/knjiga/book-of-symbols_04336365
Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica uto srp 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Objavljena prije četrdeset godina i prodana u više od milijun primjeraka širom svijeta, knjiga Vile i vilenjaci (Faeries) Briana Frouda (The Dark Crystal; Labyrinth) i Alana Leeja (poznatog ilustratora Tolkienovih djela) oblikovala je viđenje  vilinskog svijeta suvremenim generacijama čitatelja.. Njihovi crteži i akvareli mitskih bića – vila, goblina, piksija, bogija, leprekona, trolova i patuljaka – oživjeli su zanimanje za vile i stvorenja iz mašte u cijelom svijetu.

Sada se Froud i Lee vraćaju svom najtrajnijem i najomiljenijem djelu u luksuznom kolekcionarskom izdanju.

Kolekcionarsko izdanje je puno više od običnog reizdanja, obogaćena je novim ilustracijama dvojice velikih umjetnika, a sadrži i nove eseje Frouda i Leea o trajnom utjecaju Vila i vilenjaka, te predgovor spisateljice Jane Yolen. Ova izuzetna knjiga bez sumnje će razveseliti miljune ljubitelja originalnih Vila i vilenjaka, kao i čitatelje koji je prvi put susreću.
___

Knjige nema prevedene na hrvatski, no postoji srpski prijevod (latinica!). Moze se pronaci u antikvarijatima, a na sljedecem linku imamo jednu od najpovoljnijih ponuda: Faeries - Brian Froud, Alan Lee

I na engleskom ju je malo teze pronaci.

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica uto srp 26, 2022 7:44 pm

Jos malo vilinskog svijeta, autora Briana Frouda, u djelu Good Faeries, Bad Faeries koje se nastavlja na prethodne Vile i vilenjake.
___

"Once upon a time, I thought faeries lived only in books, old folktales, and the past. That was before they burst upon my life as vibrant, luminous beings, permeating my art and my everyday existence, causing glorious havoc..."

In the long-awaited sequel to the international bestseller "Faeries", artist Brian Froud rescues pixies, gnomes, and other faeries from the isolation of the nursery and the distance of history, bringing them into the present day with vitality and imagination. In this richly imagined new book, Brian reveals the secrets he has learned from the faeries-- what their noses and shoes look like, what mischief and what gentle assistance they can give, what their souls and their dreams are like. As it turns out, faeries aren't all sweetness and light. In addition to such good faeries as Dream Weavers and Faery Godmothers, Brian introduces us to a host of less well behaved creatures-- traditional bad faeries like Morgana le Fay, but also the Soul Shrinker and the Gloominous Doom. The faery kingdom, we find, is as subject to good and evil as the human realm. Brilliantly documenting both the dark and the light, "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" presents a world of enchantment and magic that deeply compels the imagination.

https://www.libristo.hr/hr/knjiga/good-faeries-bad-faeries_01205240

___

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica ned ruj 25, 2022 10:26 am

😊💛
Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by besposlenpop pon ruj 26, 2022 11:07 am

Jednog dana dođe dan da više nema mjesta u regalima, vitrinama i sl. pa se nema gdje udomiti kolike god bile želje ... onda se počne razmišljati a kaj sa svim tim papirom jednoga dana ...?
besposlenpop
besposlenpop

http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/frech/c042.gif

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Gnječ i tvornica čokolade sri ruj 28, 2022 5:10 pm

besposlenpop je napisao/la:Jednog dana dođe dan da više nema mjesta u regalima, vitrinama i sl. pa se nema gdje udomiti kolike god bile želje ... onda se počne razmišljati a kaj sa svim tim papirom jednoga dana ...?

žena radi u knjižnici.
Gnječ i tvornica čokolade
Gnječ i tvornica čokolade

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica sub pro 17, 2022 8:00 pm

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica sub pro 17, 2022 8:13 pm

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by besposlenpop ned pro 18, 2022 12:30 pm

Gnječ je napisao/la:
besposlenpop je napisao/la:Jednog dana dođe dan da više nema mjesta u regalima, vitrinama i sl. pa se nema gdje udomiti kolike god bile želje ... onda se počne razmišljati a kaj sa svim tim papirom jednoga dana ...?

žena radi u knjižnici.
Hm, nisam znal da si oženit.  Silly
besposlenpop
besposlenpop

http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/frech/c042.gif

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica pon vel 27, 2023 10:24 am

Stigle su mi knjige... 🥰

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Tomica čet oľu 02, 2023 9:59 am

Jucer jos dvije .. 🥰

https://openlettersreview.com/posts/the-fall-of-numenor-edited-by-brian-sibley

_____

This richly illustrated book explores the huge creative endeavour behind Tolkien’s enduring popularity. Lavishly illustrated with over 300 images of his manuscripts, drawings, maps and letters, the book traces the creative process behind his most famous literary works – The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion and reproduces personal photographs and private papers (some of which have never been seen before in print).

Tolkien drew on his deep knowledge of medieval literature and language to inform his literary imagination. Six introductory essays cover some of the main themes in Tolkien’s life and work including the influence of northern languages and legends on the creation of his own legendarium; his concept of ‘Faërie’ as a literary construct; the central importance of his invented languages in his fantasy writing; his visual imagination and its emergence in his artwork; and the encouragement he derived from the literary group known as the Inklings.

This book brings together the largest collection of original Tolkien material ever assembled in a single volume. Drawing on the archives of the Tolkien collections at the Bodleian Libraries, Oxford, and Marquette University, Milwaukee, as well as private collections, this exquisitely produced catalogue draws together the worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien – scholarly, literary, creative and domestic – offering a rich and detailed understanding and appreciation of this extraordinary author.

Catherine McIlwaine is the Tolkien Archivist at The Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford.

Hardback
416 pages, 259 x 237 mm
ISBN: 9781851244850
Publication June 2018

Tomica
Tomica

[Vrh] Go down

Postaj by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

[Vrh] Go down

[Vrh]